I have a Question.......


Can I work for Camp Wego Inc.?


We receive many request a year for applications for employment.

We only accept volunteers. At this time we do not have any openings. Please check back in April 2019. We will place a volunteer form on the website when we have openings. 


Who can travel with Camp Wego Inc.?

Individuals with disabilities that are 6 years or older are eligible to travel with us. We serve individuals with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, Autism and special needs.

Other eligibility considerations include:

Free of major medical or medically fragile conditions
Able to travel in a small group within the 1:3 or 1:4 staff-traveler ratio provided
Cooperative and considerate of others on the trip
Able to complete personal care needs with reminders or minimal assistance
Able to adjust to a change in the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control

What if I need 1:1 supervision or Help?

Individuals can travel with 1 on 1 care for an additional charge of $50 a day for trips under 7 days and $35 a day for trips over 7 days.


Do you have trips for younger children?

 Most trips are geared for 14 and older. Children under 14 may travel within the USA with us, if approved by the Director. We also offer a few sessions in summer that are open to children 6 and up. 


What’s Included in the price?


 Airfare based on  Florida departures. Orlando, Tampa.  We’ll adjust the airfare position based on your departure city if need be.
 A low ratio of 1 chaperone for every 3 or 4 travelers.
Planned itineraries tailored to accommodate our trip participants.
All hotel and lodging.
All meals at the destination.
All entertainment, tickets, tours and admissions–at no extra cost.
A small & friendly average group size of 8-14 people.
All tips, taxes, fuel and service charges are covered.

What training has the staff had?  


All Staff has been trained in Direct Care Core Competencies, Zero Tolerance,(Abuse Training),  HIPAA Law, Bloodborne Pathogens and in Anti-Bullying. They have also been trained in Camp Wego's policy, procedures and emergency training. There is at least one counselor in every group that has been trained in First Aid, CPR, and AED. 


Where do I meet to start or end the trip?


After registering for a trip, you will be contacted to find the closest pick up location and time. If your group of 4 or more registrars for a trip two nights or more, we will make arrangements to pick up at your door. 


How do I apply for a scholarship trip?

Scholarship trips are open to all. Any Traveler may use a scholarship. We only offer scholarships when we have them.

How do I sign up for travel with Camp Wego? 


There are several ways to book a tour with Camp Wego. Visit our Registration page, complete and submit the application.  Mail to  Camp Wego Inc. PO Box 387 Holder Fl 34445  or email to Campwego1@gmail.com.   Contact us by phone at (352) 445-2044.  

A deposit of $300 is required on most trips to reserve your space.  If the trip is less than 60 days away then final payment is due. Final Payments are considered past due at 4 weeks prior to trip departure. When paying online we accept Visa, Master Charge, or checks. Make checks payable to Camp Wego. 


After I send registration form, what then?


Camp Wego will contact you to complete registration. We will also try to find the closest pickup point to you and times for you.



Do trips get cancelled?


If 3 or more travelers do not sign up for a trip, the trip maybe cancelled and you will receive a full refund.


What do I need to bring on my vacation?


Top of the list would be to bring is a current picture identification card. All the cruises we travel on require either a passport, passport card or an original or state certified birth certificate along with a government issued-issued photo ID. We request that travelers bring copies of their health insurance cards.  Travelers may want to bring additional spending money. We do ask that travelers limit their luggage to one suitcase or bag. Medication should be separately packed and labeled. 


What if I live out of state, can I attend on a trip?


We can help make travel arrangement, to pick up at the closest airport. Depending on the itinerary of the trip, a traveler may be asked to plan to arrive the day before and depart the day after the trip. We offer a pre and post trip, where a staff member can meet the traveler at the airport, or bus station, and will supervise the traveler till the start of the trip, or at the end of a trip.



Refunds and Cancellations:


Changes or cancellations made more than 30 days prior to trip departure will receive a refund less a $150 cancellation charge and any pre-purchased portion of the vacation package.  Changes and cancellations within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.  No shows, late arrivals to a departure site, and the refusal of boarding on a flight or cruise due to lack of proper identification are non-refundable.    



What about travel insurance?  


We recommend customers purchase travel insurance.  Insurance can be purchased from various travel insurance companies Cruise customers can request the cruise line insurance.  

 Insurance can be purchased here:   Travel Insurance



How are the rooming arrangements done?  


At Camp Wego we book rooms usually quad occupancy.  Having a staff in the room is not guaranteed, except on cruises.  Rooms are booked in close proximity so we have a staff member nearby.  Hall checks and room checks are done frequently during the night. If you require a staff in the room, we can accommodate that for an additional fee.  Married couples will have their own room.

Can couples travel?

Yes, and they will be upgraded to their own room.

Can a parent or caregiver travel with a traveler?

Absolutely!  We gladly accept travelers who bring their own care providers.  It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide and pay for their care provider to go on the vacation.  All care providers pay the same all-inclusive package price as the traveler.  All travelers with care providers will be upgraded with their own private room.

Are alcoholic beverages allowed?  


NO, and NO, Never do we allow Alcoholic beverages for staff  OR travelers. 

What happens to my donation?

ALL Contributions are used for Travelers for financial assistance, allowing travelers from economically disadvantaged homes to enjoy Camp Wego Inc.

©2011 by Camp Wego

Camp Wego Inc.

PO Box 387

Holder FL 34445